Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Workbook/Blog update- back track

Having finally 99% finished my flash site and 90% of dreamweaver site, think its about time to finally actually update my blog/workbook with my process/research. Since I have been putting it abit, so my aim today is to hopefully by 2-3hrs time have this workbook updated and complete for hand it. May add one or two more posted before hand in on friday but that shouldn't take to much time I hope.

Resources: Books used for looking for inspiration/ref:
(from Lib)

Taking print to the web by Daniel Donnelly

Communication Arts: Interactive Annual 09 Sep/Oct 2003
Communication Arts: Interactive Annual 10 Sep/Oct 2004
Communication Arts: Interactive Annual 11 Sep/Oct 2005
Communication Arts: Interactive Annual 12 Sep/Oct 2006
Communication Arts: Interactive Annual 14 Sep/Oct 2008

Web design to the next Generation by Daniel Donnelly


Book/magazine colletion:
(from home)

Communication Arts, May/June 2008

Digital Layout for the internet and other Media by David Skopec

Identity Design Sourcebook, successful IDs Deconstructd and Revealed,
by Clay Andres, Catherine Fishel and Pat Matson Knapp.

Note:
Even though the books I used have alot of website address that I looked but, more than half were no longer valid, under construction etc which is to be expected I suppose because websites aren't always up forever whereas books(print) has a longer life line.

So in order to get around this problem I scanned a handful of layouts from some of the books since I thought it will be good to have them on hand for direction etc, It will simply just take far too long possibly a entire day to scan in all the good layouts/website designs that I had picked from the books to put them all up on this blog.

As it is it has taken me almost the whole day just to update my blog and I possibly still have another 2 hours work/updating to do on this site.
I had forgotten how much it takes to update etc I guess thats what I get for not doing it as I went along the process:p never mind, It will get there in the end.

No comments: